9.15.2001


does not being a light-skinned person automatically make me a muslim from the middle-east?

I'm Indian.
and i'm as hurt and shocked and devastated as any other person in this country.
and i'm as much a purveyor of the battle against terrorism as is any American.

that is the strict and definitive truth.

every one of those accusatory looks i get is equivalent to a stab in my heart..
but can my tongue hush this storm of anger?
and can we hush this deepest grief of all?
as a United America?

My religion is Humanity
and Love is my God

and that is all that matters to me.
so why point fingers at me..
without knowing what i actually stand for?
I know people are angry
and I understand the source
All I request is for people to try and distinguish
their foes from their friends.

friends have a open heart
and genuineness on their face.
is that so hard to recognize?
If we fight amongst ourselves
who will destroy the demons?

This is the time to be United
time to unite ourselves
to fight and destroy
all the terror
fear
violence
hatred.

May God grant us the
Serenity
To accept the things we cannot change
Courage
To change the things we can and
Wisdom
To know the difference.

United America!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home