6.25.2008

Future in-laws?

My boyfriend’s parents will be visiting us mid-july. And get this – they’re going to stay with us for 3 months!

So obviously, I’m stressed.

I’ve got so many insecurities where they’re concerned… especially because they’re the traditional/conservative south Indian couple. And I’m anything BUT traditional/conservative.

1. Will they like me?
2. Will they think I’m too loud?
3.
What about my pets? I do have a few pets… will they get along with them? At least tolerate them?
4. Will they think that I’m not good enough for their only son?


God! I can go on with that list… And the biggest issue is that I'm divorced. Indian folks think of divorce as a stigma! Divorce = BIG NO NO!

I know the list seems a tad bit trivial when I read it, but they liking me (or not!) will really affect my future. If they do like me, life becomes easier for everyone.


And if they don't like me, that's their problem.

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2008 at 5:27 PM , Blogger cindy said...

yikes! good luck!!

 
At July 3, 2008 at 3:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just copied the excerpt to ma girlfriend. She is as scared as you for my parents.. Again a south Indian couple... ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home