1.16.2003


listening to: Roxette - It must've been love.

It must have been love, but it's over now
It was all that I wanted, now I'm living without


it's never easy to let go. even when i'm truly tired of something. even when i've had enough of it. even when i know that i can only benefit from going in a different direction, i tend hang on to my problems like that's what i'm hanging on to dear life by. rather than move to some new inspiring topic, i continue to think about whatever has hurt or upset me. it's as if i fear the loss of something familiar. i feel i ought to remain in control of everything – at all times – even if this obliges me to remain in a state of suffering. i may as well put it behind me.. for i've got new beginnings to tread on. goodbye is a scary word.

Goodbye, there's just no sadder word to say
And it's sad to walk away
with just the memories
Who's to know what might have been
We'll leave behind a life and time
I'll never know again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home