12.26.2002


me: *grumpy* i feel so lonely this season. the only thing that brings a smile on my face is this snow.

he: you have a remarkable talent for going unnoticed – even when the eyes of the world are on you! somehow, you can make yourself all but invisible – or you can reflect back the attention others are giving you, so that they become more conscious of themselves than of you.

me: hey that's not true!.. umm. well i dont like too much attention anyways.

he: isn't this disadvantageous? doesn't this mean you end up getting inadvertently ignored or overlooked when you really ought to be making sure your voice is heard?

me: but this ability to be calm, quiet and discreet is what's making me have a truly successful Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home