9.27.2002






..m...e...e...r...a..















m






e






e






r






a













....that name was one of

....the few things we agreed upon. it's a pretty,

....pretty name... stayed in my mind.

....(and i'm sure his too..)



........*meera*



....petty indulgence of mine

....what am i thinking?

....my head hurts



....my thoughts

....my breath

....my heart



....belongs to meera



....i sit here

....weighing life in many languages

....and her unspoken words

....arrive unsaid



....me and my greed

....watch the red river supress dreams

....and me - all of me belongs to meera.



....i still wake up cold and fearful of the demons

....but meera's unspoken calm words guide the demons

....out of me.. and my soul.



....i hold my breath

....and let the rain seep into my soul



....i let the firefly guide me..

....i let him shine light on my soul



....monsoon moss and wild flowers

....tell me a story.. and make me distant



....but my soul still belongs to meera.



....stopping to rest by my shadow

....black blue raindrops fall to the ground

....wanderous clouds turn black shadows

....to gray by the hour



....i wander in search

....search through my soul too

....i find no one

....her soul alone.. waits somewhere



....meera?......... she was never there.



....as clouds convolute my soul

....as shadows coil over mine, in whorls

....as tears merge with the raindrops



....i see my heart

....- raw

....- open

....- honest



....i hear a requiem.



....its not about meera

....it never was.



....its about him

....he's playing the requiem



....for my dying heart.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home