5.29.2002


a visit to the doctor went something like this:

doc: well.. haven't seen you in a while! wait. let me guess, unbearable pain and no more medications, eh?

me: whoa. you do have pyschic abilities. hehe. nah. i really missed you.. that's why i'm here. :-p

doc: uh huh.

me: well, check the right side of my body out and tell me what you see.

*the doctor checks away for a good 5 minutes.. knocking my knee, tapping my elbow, almost giving me a good massage.. and then*

doc: *in a calm tone* strained muscles with exaggerated spasms. tense and tender tendons. swelling in the knee. a bad nerve running from the doc.:neck all the way to your toes is causing this and more.

(actually he blabbered away a lot more in his own vocabulary.. but i was too dumb to catch any of it.. all i knew was i was burning up a storm.)

*and then comes the tornado*

doc: WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? why the hell haven't you been coming for therapy? and why the hell haven't you taken your medications? oh doc.:holy crap!

*and then follows a few really pissed of looks.. of course directed at me.. with a few more expletives*

doc: woman. what must i do to make you understand that if you don't take care of this right now.. you're going to suffer for the rest of your life?

me: ok. yeah. so are you going to give me that prescription?

doc: why? so you can once more "lose" the prescription? so you can pretend you've been a good girl and taken the medications?

me: sorry. :( i really really need that.. and i understand its going to make me sleep for a good 16 hours!

doc: yeah. anyways, i'm going to call you everyday to check up on you. X-(

*writes out prescriptions while still grumbling away like a pms'ing lady*

doc: have you been eating right?

me: yes i have. 5 meals a day.. with scattered snacking. :-D and i love myself.

doc: no wonder you've put on a good 14 pounds. so, with these pills.. you're going to have to be on a good balanced diet.

me: is one cookie in each hand balanced enough?

doc: hahaha. gosh. try as hard as i might, i can't be mad at you for long. you're my worst patient.

me: i know it hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home