2.15.2002


STOMP

That says a lot about my "v-day celebrations".

I don't believe in Valentine's day.. and neither do I believe in any kind of exchange of gifts/cards/flowers/boohoo. Yeah, the sentiment is good.. what makes me sick is how commercial it has gotten over the years and how much pressure it puts on a couple.

bah.

Yet I was treated. and treated right.
An AMAZING off-broadway (see STOMP)
A great dinner.

Yes. It was in that order. And all because of me. Got home late from school.. yet I took 1/2 hour to get ready. The biggest mistake though was driving to NYC. Never ever do that.. especially on a day such as V-day. You can circle even 10 blocks.. and if you do find parking, the good Lord showered his choicest blessings on you. It took us 1/2 hour to find parking..a good 1/2 hour and 4 blocks and 1 avenue away. We had dinner reservations for 6:30 and by the time we found any parking, it was 7:30. aiyah.

I felt terrible.
And we agreed to grab a quick bite at nyc's pizza.
Everything looked so interesting... fettucine alfredo pizza.. chicken caesar salad pizza. I opted for the chicken caesar salad pizza. It just looked so whoa!
Bad decision. Bad bad decision.
I could hardly eat a bite.
yuck.

And then we had to run across to the theater.

And I was hungry.

But when the play commenced, woof. I forgot everything else.
If you get a chance, do see the play. It is worth every single penny.

They have this knack of getting the audience involved.. to a point of amazement.

And there was a point in the play that an actor performed so well, people were applauding and I started whistling real loud. I just couldn't help myself. He was hilarious. And he responded to my whistle. And I whistled again.. and he responded yet again. Then he whistled and I responded. This went on for a while.. everybody was staring at me. But hey, I enjoyed the attention. hehehe :)

Well, the play ended at 9:45. And we then walked a few doors down to Baluchi's. The food wasn't the best I've tasted.. but I did enjoy on the whole.

How was your V-day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home