5.23.2007

revisiting my past:

as the spring flowers started to bloom
and my heart was filled with newfound dreams

he cast me away.

and this time doesn't disappear.
its right there.
reminding me of cruel reality.

and this year
pierces my distant broken heart
with words.
mere words
of consolation.

do you remember
what your eyes held?
my heart through my eyes.

i remember that
smile
so amazed.
so curious.

i am pinch-ingly present
in that former world

and
what am i left with?
a distance personified by forever

but this time will not disappear.

and it will make me take a ghost to bed
every single night.

the first night we met i trusted you with my instinct

and
last night i trusted you beyond question.


isn't that what you said?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home