3.17.2006



holi at dorrian’s

March 15th, 2006

so I had a long day at work. And I was on my way back from the office at around 10pm. M/Maddy/Sunil call up every couple of minutes to find out where I am. Stressed/frustrated/tired/irritated as I am, I keep yelling – telling them I’m on my way.

The last call:

M: where exactly are you?

me: 2 blocks away from home.

M: Can you stop by Dorrian’s? we’ll have one beer to celebrate Holi and then we can leave.

me: Umm.. I'm not sure. I’m really really tired and I have to wake up early tomorrow :(

M: Oh come on! Just one beer!

me: Ok fine. You don’t have to twist my arm.

M: Ok see you there then.

So I pay the cabbie and walk towards the double doors of Dorrian’s. and I enter through the first door.. as I was about to open the second, I see M, Sunil, Maddy, and a bunch of Irish and American guys with Holi colors on their faces, waiting to drench me in colored water.

I turned and ran back on the street. So many guys chasing me around the block. Finally they got hold of me and started drenching me in colored water, rubbed gulal on my face, clothes (don’t ask how, but I have this triangle of color from my cleavage to my navel!). Passersby, from the surrounding corporate offices, were stopping to see if i was in trouble.. or if we were just a bunch of crazy American/Indian/Irish people having some fun. Well they had to stop! cuz I was screaming on the top of my lungs, rolling around on the sidewalk, acting like I was possessed or something!

ok so I look like a green alien now.

I walk into Dorrian’s and everybody’s so damned happy to see me. My roomie’s all drunk and looks like a colorful monkey. There’s color on the beautiful wood floors of Dorrian’s. Even the bartender, Jolene, has gulal on her face. The Irish people were all game for the colors of Holi.

Now here’s the thing: I leave my bag, and my jacket, on a chair. Walk over to Sunil.. and

me: Yo S, I need a beer.

Sunil: drink all the beer you want, babe! Our beers are on the house!

me: what do you mean on the house?! What do you mean our beers?

Sunil: Maddy, M, you and I are getting beers on the house. Cuz we’re we! And we’re the best!

Whoa! That’s something now, eh?

So I grab me a beer.. and there’s awesome music.. some dance.. more color on people who walk in. Indian women all acting shy and prissy or whatever.

3 of them. I ask one to dance.. and my guy friends surround us. And she’s kinda like spreading her legs and dancing down.. and the moment she does that, there’s this foul smell that starts emanating!

I mouth this to Sunil: “OMG! Did she just fart?!”

Oh god! She ran from there back to her friends haha.

More color, more happy faces, more drunk Irish, American and Indian people. It was a fun night. I needed it.

I had to wake up early the next day.. so I went home.

*blah*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home