12.20.2005



boss’s boss (for now, referred to as ‘he’) just returned from some trip. he walks over to my desk and interrupts my team and me.

he: see what I got for you! *hands me half a pack of Marlboro Lights cigarettes*

he points to something written in some Nordic language that reads something like *Reykingar eru mjog skaolegar fyrir pig og pa sem eru nalaegt per* (without the umlauts etc) and says

he: this reads “if you smoke these ciggarettes, you will be wise and happy forever”.

i roll my eyes and give him a dirty look and ignore him. he walks away.

after a few minutes, i walk over to his desk.

me: you went on vacation and got me a half used pack of rotten smokes?!

he: haha. yeah now you can say that your boss went to some place fun and got you a rotten pack of ciggarettes. now now. don’t give me that look. just think of it as a bonus and be happy.

me: wait and see what you get for Christmas! just you wait!

i walk away in a huff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home