8.08.2002


woof! i'm so tired from the long, hot, humid, cranky day i've faced today.

i don't know what the hell was wrong with me.. despite all the injuries etc., i walked 25 streets and 3 whole avenues (from work to penn station)! i thought i'd catch the subway a few blocks away.. but ended up walking the whole deal.

as i got ready to cross 34th and 7th towards madison square garden, i noticed this noisy bunch of high school girls. maybe they were waiting for their school bus.. my tired mind ignores them and moves a few steps onto the road waiting for the sign to turn "walk". as i waited, this lady comes up to me and starts yelling.

lady: i told you girls to stand away from the path. why can't you girls, for once, stop giggling and start listening? get back in line and stand closer to the wall.

me: *confused* huh?

lady: aren't you in mr. williams' class?

me: *even more confused* huh?

me: listen lady, i don't know what you're talking about..

lady: oh ma'am. i'm so sorry. i sincerely apologize. i thought you were one of our girls. you just look like one of them..

right! the hot new york sun got to that lady's brain! me and look like one of those dumb kids?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home